Pages

Life is Precious

Friday, May 6, 2011



Yesterday I was surfing through my daily blog reads and I found a link to this blog. If you haven't read it yet, just be warned, you're going to need a whole bunch of tissues and someone to give you a hug afterward. I'm not saying it's all sad, because there's so much hope, faith, and love interwoven in it. I think it's something everyone needs to read, if not to restore faith, then just to remember to take time to appreciate life and the people that you love. Last night I felt like I needed to re-read it with Karl. We both sobbed together. Then we hugged each other, kissed each other, and verbally expressed our love for one another.

Throughout Denny and Wendy's blog, Denny writes about Heavenly Father's hand in all things. I couldn't help but think about that last night. I couldn't help but think, "Wow. Heavenly Father loves me so much." It's evident in everything I've been given, but most particularly in Karl. I've never met two people who were more suited for each other than Karl and I. We laugh at the same things, we improv random lyrics to songs together, we slow dance in the kitchen, we like the same movies (for the most part), we have similar familial situations, and similar dating histories. Last night I thought to myself, "I owe Heavenly Father a lot for reserving this perfect, wonderful man to be mine." My life has most definitely not been easy, but I feel like Heavenly Father knew it wouldn't be, so at the right time, he sent me Karl. Life still isn't easy, but it's infinitely happier knowing how loved I am and knowing that no matter what, I always have Karl there to make me laugh. I know this post is pretty sentimental and mushy, but I would be remiss if I didn't write exactly how I'm feeling. I want to cherish these thoughts forever.

I know if I lost Karl, my life would be shattered. I don't know if I'd be able to breath. I would be incapacitated by sadness. I also know that come July when we get sealed in the temple, that we will be eternal and that we would only be apart for a short time. I know Heavenly Father would take care of us both. He would comfort us and send us his love, like he always does. I take great comfort in that.

1 comment:

sevencherubs said...

Hi Kristie, I saw your comments on Chantelle'g blog Fat Mum Slim and just wanted to drop by to say Hi. I am also a Mormon and was impressed you spoke up about your religion. Naomi x

Post a Comment