Pages

Looking Back: Making a Wedding Ceremony

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last year on July 17th, Karl and I were married in Murray Park. It was a crazy stressful time, but it was a good time. I designed all aspects of the wedding myself and spent countless hours on Once Wed and other wedding sites to get inspiration. While I was sad Karl and I didn't get married in the temple, looking back, I'm very proud of all we accomplished on a budget of about $3,000. That being said, so many people helped out in so many different capacities and we definitely couldn't have done it without them.

I remember just being so done with our wedding day at the end of it and not even wanting to look at pictures for a few months. It was just a ton of work and completely exhausting. Now however, I can look back at the beautiful wedding we assembled and admire the uniqueness and beauty without having to relive the hottest day of the year. Haha. So now I present you with the ceremony:













Here are the details: Karl and I saved for months and months. We probably should have gotten married in January, but we didn't have the money, so we saved every penny for 6 months. Our colors were Navy blue, yellow, and pink. The bridesmaids had to wear pink dresses, but of any pattern or cut they wanted. The groomsmen had to rent the blue vests above and we bought them all pink ties. Our moms wore navy blue and our dads wore pink ties.

My florist was amazing. She is a friend of a friend and runs a small business out of her house. She worked really well with our budget and added lots of fun and whimsy to the bouquets and boutonnieres. She included lots of Billy Balls, which I love and wrapped everything in rattan for a rustic feel. 

We rented out Murray Park for a day for $50. The gazebo we were married in front of was where Karl proposed and where we spent a lot of time together while we dated.. My Uncle Earl is a judge in Idaho and he did the honors of marrying us. Both of our mom's worked on the pennant banner behind us, and we strung up clear lights for the night time. The chairs were rentals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment